Are Your Taste Buds Working Properly?
May 28, 2010 § 2 Comments
I recently finished a book by Banana Yoshimoto called Amrita. It’s a little dark for beach reading, but nice in that the story hums along– you make progress without feeling jostled. One of my favorite parts is a list the heroine’s mother gives her as a way to check and see if she’s happy. On the day before the unofficial start of summer, I found myself saying, “check, check, check.”
- Are your taste buds working properly?
- Do you look forward to waking up in the morning?
- Are you happy all day?
- Do you feel good when you go to bed at night?
Now. you are standing on the street and you see a friend coming…
- Are you happy?
- Or is it a bother?
Look around and notice the scenery…
- Does the beauty of nature strike at your heart?
- What about music?
- How does it sound?
Think about a trip overseas…
- Is that something you’d be interested in?
- Do you get excited when you think about it?
- Or is it just another pain in your life?
- Do you look forward to tomorrow?
- How about the day after next?
Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone.
Next post = Tuesday.