Back to Work
March 12, 2012 § Leave a comment
Today was my first day back to work. Aside from a few episodes of tears and drama (by me) things did not go at all according to plan. In other words, things went down without any single hitch.
- e-Lew woke up hungry at 5:50 a.m. Just ten minutes before our alarm was scheduled to go off.
- Hiram and I were sitting in Herkie by 7:15 (Herkie was nice to remind us that just two days ago, 7:15 was actually 6:15. Thanks a lot Herkimer.)
- Brad and Eldyn stayed home together and accomplished everything on the to-do list I (lovingly) made for them.
- I screwed up just enough stuff at work to get the “just back to work” sympathy break I needed. (Sorry Sue.)
- All my work friends let me blather on and on about my family and even acted interested (“Eldyn makes this “ohh ohh” sound and it’s SO cute. You really gotta hear it.”)
- Hiram couldn’t have been happier to see me when I picked him up at the end of the day.
- When I finally got home, Eldyn seemed to remember me and forgive me for ruthlessly abandoning him with no one to love him but his daddy.