Am I Making Myself Clear?
June 28, 2012 § Leave a comment
Since Eldyn’s earliest days, I’ve been able to understand much of what he wants or needs by the sounds or looks he makes. This phenomenon had me wondering: is understanding babies is just something I’m getting better at? Or does Eldyn have an actual, real knack for communicating.
I’m leaning towards the latter. As Eldyn gets older, he continues to make himself more and more clear. It’s time for me to admit even a rookie mom would be able to decipher clues like these:
- The extremely animated, attention grabbing grin when we’re acting otherwise occupied: “Pay attention to me.”
- Biting and pulling (hard): “I am done eating milk.”
- Spray spitting food 4 feet across the kitchen: “I am done eating green beans.”
- Screaming at the top of his lungs, but not crying (yet): “I’m ticked. You have 14 seconds to make it right.”
- Punching me in the face and screaming at the top of his lungs: “Stop burping me and put me to bed, already!”