Summer Vacation 2013
August 5, 2013 § Leave a comment
We’re back from our week-long summer vacation at the cabin. It’s hard to believe the week I’ve been dreaming of for a year has already come and gone. 1 week plus 2 weekends with my 3 favorite boys.
I didn’t take a single picture on my own phone, so the photo gallery will have to come once I sweet talk B and my dad into sending a few pictures. Until then, you’ll have to be satisfied with this top dozen list – in alphabetical order.
- Accidentally becoming a back-up tambourine player in a coffee shop
- Being “race cars” with Hiram
- Eldyn always saying “Hockey Water”
- Finding Bumpa’s secret blueberry patch, picking and picking and not making a dent
- Getting pedicures with my mom
- Grandma Barrows pounding the door down at “One More Time” (which wasn’t open) to get new pants for Eldyn who had a leaky diaper and already soiled his one of two pairs of pants by 8 a.m. on vacation day 1.
- Oooohing and Aaaahing over Hiram’s “water squirter fireworks”
- Our impromptu stop in Forest Lake for ice cream and coffee on the way home
- Riding the mama/e-Lew bike to the store with Eldyn each morning to get a paper for B
- Sleeping on the porch, under the tin roof, in the rain
- Tea time, every day at 3 p.m. (THANK YOU Megan for the tea variety pack. I need another one already!)
- Watching the sun set with B every night
Baker’s Dozen bonus: Finally getting the news – B and I are officially an Uncle and an Aunt!