December 2, 2013 § Leave a comment
In the end I’d say Thanksgiving was just as it should have been. Our little family, a few guests, and pockets of great fun. Since it’s 20 the 13th we also had our share of poop, puke and other bodily fluids to contend with. But I am resigned to this phenomenon by now.
I will share highlights here and leave low-lights to your imagination.
- Seeing my dad walk into our house on Thanksgiving with an 8-cubic-foot box full of dinner sides (my mom had been busy that morning)
- Taking a very long walk after dinner to make room for two slices of squash pie
- Taking the boys shopping on Black Friday and seeing what Hiram picked out for everyone on his list
- Watching Christmas movies while eating Chinese takeout
- Carrying our Christmas tree home from the neighborhood lot
- The way Hiram decorated the tree by putting all his ornaments on one branch and then making up a story about what they were all doing
- Playing hockey with Eldyn during every possible available second
- Playing Legos with Hiram during every possible available second plus some seconds when we were supposed to be doing other stuff
- Singing Christmas carols at the neighborhood tree lighting ceremony
- Being married to B, who makes me laugh even when I have poop and puke on my clothes