Christmas 2013 (Part 2)
December 31, 2013 § 3 Comments
Christmas 2 happened on Saturday and lived up to the hype of Christmas, that’s for sure. Highlights included:
- Hiram walking into the kitchen the night before we left and saying, “You know mom, GramGrampa have snow up to HERE.”
- Playing in said snow with Grandma Barrows and Aunt Linda and sledding down the plow pile in the back yard. I personally enjoyed the ride B and I took together and Hiram was relieved that we did not break his sled.
- The crazy huge blinking-eye doll that Eldyn adopted and took out on a hot chocolate date. I was the server and they had at least 5 cups of cocoa each.
- Opening present after present from Brad’s generous family and then, when we thought we were done, finding out that GramGrampa still had garbage bag-sized gift bags full of toys left for each kid. It was like a fireworks grand finale – only toys.
- Eating and eating and eating. Split pea soup, chili, popovers, cookies, candy, hot chocolate with a little somethin’ somethin’, banana bread, shredded pork, chopped veggies, little red and green fish crackers, nuts, krumkaka and just about everything else in the world. We ate so much, Hiram actually started moderating himself. “I’m going to have just one more kiss, no two. Two and that’s it.”
Stay Tuned for Christmas 2013 (Part 3) coming soon!