Top 10: 2013
January 7, 2014 § Leave a comment
For being 20 the 13th, there sure were a lot of tops. It was the first time I’ve ever had to edit my list down to keep myself from being grateful for more than 10 things in one year.
You might think I shouldn’t have been so strict — should have just let all my top 16 things shine on this annual list. I was going to do that but then I noticed that one of the things was “drinking lattes” and I realized I was probably just feeling overly rosy on List Day. I decided to stick to ten for integrity’s sake.
Un-ordered top 10 for 2013:
- Lew-Lew’s jokes and love of life
- Hearing Eldyn say “I love you” for the first time
- Watching Hiram get brave after breaking his arm (swimming in the lake, riding his bike, riding on Tokey behind the boat, singing in church, talking to strangers)
- Seeing Hiram strut back to the lobby in his skates after finishing hockey practice
- B and my weekend away to Bluefin Bay last February
- B and my unexpected “coffee dates” that happened before or after almost every single Kindergarten school tour
- Starting my novel
- Building our deck
- Family bike rides all over Minneapolis last summer
- Family snuggle time in our bed almost every morning
Top 10 Archives