February 11, 2014 § 1 Comment
Hiram has a new big bed. It’s so big, we told him he’s going to bring it to college with him and yesterday I actually heard him call it his College Bed. (yes!)
This leaves the short but side-less bed unoccupied. Gulp.
Through some miracle, Eldyn still hasn’t tried to climb out of his crib and therefore, still sleeps in there. Plus, he’s my baby and babies sleep in cribs. Hiram asked us why Eldyn still needs to sleep in a crib and we rattled off all the reasons the world outside his bed is too dangerous for him.
- He might fall down the steps
- He might play with his space heater
- He doesn’t need to sleep in a big bed unless he’s potty training
- He might drown in the toilet. (OK, we didn’t actually tell Hiram that Eldyn could drown in the toilet but we mentioned the toilet and I, for one, was thinking it.)
Here are a few facts:
- Eldyn is getting better and better at steps.
- Eldyn isn’t remotely interested in the space heater.
- Eldyn is not officially potty training, but he does routinely go to the bathroom in the toilet which some might define as potty training. But not me.
- We can see the toilet from our bed, which, as an aside, I never thought about as strange until just now.
And so, gulp.
Maybe in the spring.