Company Makes Three
July 21, 2014 § Leave a comment
We got to take care of one of my top three “not my” babies this weekend. Megan’s little-one stayed with us overnight on Saturday. We love taking care of him and it was a great way to see what it would be like to have three kids without actually having to have three kids.
Here are a few of the benefits I noticed might come along with increasing your parenting responsibility by 33 percent:
- People think up and then accommodate needs you didn’t know you had (but appreciate none-the-less). Example: They play with your kids for you while you shop.
- People readily accept your kids as an excuse for things.
- The newest/littlest one is an excellent distraction for the others.
- The newest/littlest one (provided he is a agreeable) is a great new audience for the other kids who want to revisit the same book over and over while they’re learning to (or pretending to) read.
- The older kids like to show off for the newest/littlest one by eating all their vegetables and cleaning/vacuuming all the floors in the house.
- More people give you a smile that can only be interpreted as, “I feel sorry for you because it looks like you accidentally had Irish twins and clearly you really aren’t cut out for it.”