Vacation Remembered: Sunday, July 27
August 6, 2014 § 1 Comment
Two for two. Another awesome day on vacation. I don’t think I could get anyone to stick with me for a detailed report of ALL the fun we had today, so I’ll give a top 10. If you want to know more, call me!
- Going to the Cabin Coffee Company and finding out that it was western-themed (the “cabin” portion of the name is still a mystery to us). The boys got to practice horseback riding on seats made out of saddles so that was great.
- Seeing my boys smiling and waving at me after climbing all the way up to the top of the tree fort at the EcoPark. (see above)
- Eldyn taking matters into his own hands when Brad and I were having trouble deciding what to buy in the grocery store. He chose pumpkin pie filling and “Good Time Wieners.”
- The drive from La Crosse to Blue Mound Wisconsin. I can’t believe how pretty that was.
- Seeing a place called the “Firm Worm Bait Shop” and laughing about it with B until we were both almost crying. We might have been a little tired.
- Seeing Hiram’s eyes sparkle in the Blue Mound cave. At first, I was worried he was going to be too scared to make it all the way through but Brad talked him into pretending it was a fort.
- Hearing Eldyn say, “Oh my goodness! This is amazing!” In the cave.
- Experiencing total darkness in the cave. Feeling Eldyn’s little hands on my cheeks and hearing him say, “I can’t see your face, mama! It’s dark in here!”
- Dodging downpours at least three separate times. Since our vacation is charmed, the rain didn’t mess us up even once.
- The post-bedtime campfire with Brad by my side and fireflies flickering in the woods. What a perfect little date.
We definitely felt like we were living with wild things at the campsite on our second night. At one point, Brad saw a raccoon sneak out of the woods, climb onto our picnic table and snatch something from our picnic bag! We have no idea what it took. Must not have been too important if we aren’t missing it. A whole crew of raccoons came back after we were in the tent, looking for more food. Brad counted at least 5!
Vacation Badges Earned:
- “Horseback” riding
- Tree Climbing