November 11, 2014 § Leave a comment
Riding in the car gives Hiram and Eldyn a lot of time to sit, think and come up with questions.
This reminded me that I wanted to write about how whenever Hiram feels ready with a bunch of new questions, he says, “Can we talk about [insert topic]?”
We say “yes” and he begins. Here are some of the topics and questions he’s asked us lately.
Topic: Police Cars
- How do the sirens work?
- How do the lights work?
- What is a policeman’s job?
- Do they shoot people?
- Do hunters use guns?
- What animals do hunters shoot?
- Why do hunters shoot animals?
- Why do hunters eat animals?
- What if a rabbit was white and the snow was white and the hunter couldn’t see it? Would the hunter shoot the rabbit?
(Related) Topic: Deer
- Why does a deer have a white tail if it’s trying to hide in the woods?
- How does a deer smell a person?
- How does a deer smell a gun?
- Is a deer nocturnal?
- How does an engine work?
- Why can’t I hear an engine if it’s always exploding?
Now, can we talk about Brad?
- How does Brad know answers to all these questions?
- No seriously, how does Brad know answers to all these questions?