2014 Top Ten
February 12, 2015 § Leave a comment
I kept waiting for a time when B and I could hash out our 2014 top 10 together, but then we had several semi-opportunities and didn’t adequately discuss. I guess it’s not surprising. There’s been a subtle shift since kindergarten started. Much more “Do stuff on your own (or with +1 kid) and report back. If I’m not asleep. Otherwise please save for the next time I actually see your face.”
And so, I am doing it on my own and B can read at his leisure. B – please do yours too and report back. If I’m not asleep. Otherwise, document in the comments and we can discuss when I actually see your face. Love you.
Hadley’s top 10 – Not in any order
- Nailing a bunch of writing goals including: writing Dolly, Publishing Antler A, getting an awesome writing mentor
- Seeing Hiram learn to read
- Our family vacation to Chicago (highlights within this highlight include the cave, the sail boat, pizza night in Chicago and watching Hiram watch the Aquatics show)
- B and my trip to Tofte last February
- Our new front door
- Eldyn’s independence (now he can dress himself, sing in choir, explain how he feels and even water my plants)
- Cirque du Soleil date night with ALL my boys
- Eldyn’s kitty costume – So stinking cute AND handmade. A rare combo in this house. At least when I make it.
- Discovering Hiram’s artistic inclinations
- The Winter Olympics – it was way too cold and perfect TV watching weather last February. I took FULL advantage and have recently been wishing they were on again.
(It will be interesting to see if I have to change any of mine once I see B’s. I usually change a few, so…)