Hiram: 5 Years + 11 Months
May 7, 2015 § Leave a comment
Just one more month of “Pretend 6” and then he’s actually 6. What an amazing age.
Level F Reading – Hiram continues to make awesome reading progress and has worked his way all the way up to F! For those of you who aren’t familiar, F seems to be the level where a person can generally read whatever – cards he receives in the mail, toys he never noticed had words before, secret shopping lists.
Running Unlimited – Recently Hiram has been challenging us to athletic games and then legitimately winning. One of the more impressive was the one where he suggested we “run until we can’t.” Then he ran so long we had to call it on account of dinnertime.
Pretend 6 is Still 5: As six looms large, I feel compelled to make a list of things Hiram does that are still so sweet and little. Thing like:
- Sliding his hand into mine whenever we cross a busy street
- Sucking his thumb when he’s worried or tired
- Calling me for one more hug after he’s been tucked into bed
- Coming to me for kisses when something hurts
- Carrying a backpack so big it bounces off the backs of his knees
I love this baby boy.